
I know...starting a blog, this is a big deal for me. With life being as crazy as it has been the past few months I have no idea why I am trying to fulfill this goal of blogging now. You know those...oh one day I will do this this and this....well this is a this that has been a this for a few months. Considering I haven't followed through with my verbal journal entry idea where I voice record my journal entries instead of writing them down...I figured this blog would be a perfect oprotunity to kill 2 birds in one stone :0
I know what you are thinking...what a slacker...she can't even write a journal entry...call it whatever you want; impatience, nuerotically uncontrollable, anxiety, busy body...I'm all of the above.
To be honest; I really thought it would be wierd to start a blog. I mean I am not that exciting. Yeah sometimes I think "wow, if i only had a video camera following me all over, my life could be truman show", or like a version of "sex in the city" mormon style....being now 23 ( as of wednesday), single, fabulously blonde and crazier than I've ever been. I mean you only live once so this blog is going to be a melting pot of all of my ideas. I'll try to label to make it easy for whoever to know what subject I'm talking about. I mean for anyone that knows me...you have probably labeled me as someone who can be, and most of the time is...all over the place. It makes life exciting for me, so by no means am I offended by knowing that people have got to think that way about me.
So here is my first official blog entry:
December 8th, 2007
So I just turned 23 right....correct, and no different than 22 to be honest. Well I most likely will continue to say that I"m 22. There is something about 22 that I love, "yeah I'm 22". I don't know I guess I'm trying to live in a movie.
Lately my life has consisted of a few activitis, work, my family and friends, Chase ( mr. big (character off of television show, no they are nothing alike, just a placement of a person) that I've been dating for a little bit), and now occasional blog. It's pretty great.
I took a job with the the LDS Church Headquarters recently and realized although people thought I was crazy (including my boss) it has been so great and so much more. I mean really, i have never been so busy in my life. MOst days my day starts at 4:30, leaving the house by 5:20/30...working in salt lake...getting home and starting my list of to do items that I was lying to myself to think that i would find time to do during work (which never happens). Crashing about midnight, after I have fallen asleep on Chase...not literally, just in the sense of always saying oh lets watch a movie...knowing full well my eyelids wont' stay open past the first ten minutes...I wake up the next morning and love more than anything to do it all over again.
I work in the finance department...and can't even begin to explain how cool it has been for me. just to be there. side note, on my birthday, my boss...got me these flowers. Isn't he so nice. really i have been so blessed, i work for the coolest guy that works there. He is one of those "wow, anyone that gets to associate with him is so lucky"...and I get to work with him all day.
So the commute, craziness from the minute i walk into my office to the second I run to the bus after work....praying that the bus drive will try to wait for me befcause of my habit of bringing him cookies, the much less frequent contact with important people in my life due to my choice of profession and lifestyle...........all of these are greatly outwieghed by the blessings in my life that have come from the expierences i have come across in my job.
So here is the sex in the city part.....since My dating life has been pretty consumed by this one babe lately...i figure I'll blog for a few seconds about him. Chase T. which is how I knew him, until i had to take him to the ER on our date last weekend, and I had to learn his last name from his driver's license so I could check him into the hospital. Shockingly it's been a month or two since we started our story at a BYU hockey game....where he held my hand claiming he could tell my hands were cold. Ok honestly, it was perfect from the start. and as you may know I have this patience thing....so it's good that Chase won't let things go really fast. the relationship for us has been slower than historically for me, but it's been so good. NO wierd engagements, no wierd I love him or he loves me, no marriage talk- ok seriously i'm sure i've tried, but to no avail...which creates hilarious conversations. I mean he's great, and I am really happy, and I'm amazed that he chooses to be with me.
We fit kinda like puzzle pieces....He is gorgeous, which makes up for my slackerness of getting ready sometimes, he thinks I am hilarious, he makes me laugh so hard i start crying, he thinks my obsession with walmart, ross, and the dollar store is so cute, and most importantly he is willing to make caramel popcorn with me every day supporting this terrible habit of mine...claiming he thinks i need to eat more.
seriously who could ask for more...oh and he's totally low maintanence and shockingly helps me stay low maintanence. He knows about my Dating without Drama Book obsession and finds my discussions with people about it entertaining, and is willing to take the quizzes when I need his input. So who knows...
Here is our latest activity.....my good friend andrea made this list on her blog of her favorite things...so i was going to copy and do the same. so i asked chase what he thought they were...and he was dead on! seriously...he's an observer...so it's nice that i didn't have to think of them, he knew them for me.
MiRiAm's FavORite ThinGS...
1. ice skating
2. the office television show
3. coupons and shopping at the dollar store, ross and walmart
4. The "Mav"...maverik icecream...i refer to it as the mav...and i get it once or twice a day minimum.
5. caramel popcorn- this gooey stuff that i love and make everyday thinking i'll give at least half of it away and usually eat the whole bowl
6. cafe rio
7. my friends and making friends anywhere
8. the bus ride to and from work
9. my family
10. my boss
and no these are not in the order of importance...my family would be first if they were
So there is my first little blurb about my life. Well my blogger friends...I guess i'll do like a special sign out like with a quote to think about or something....
here's a good one...
the greatest moments in life can come from realizations we find during blogging- miriam wilson 12/7/07
5 comments:
I'm making your first official comment!!!! I'm so glad you have a blog! I'm loving reading your entries even though they are "review"... I mean, I am your sister and all! PS my friend says she has the recipe for Cafe Rio salad dressing, do you have it or do you want me to get it for you? PEACE OUT!!!
mir!!! welcome to the world of blogging. i love reading about what you are up to/thinking since you are impossible to get a hold of. and a date to the er? what happened?
Oh gosh.. I'm loving it!! Good inspirational quote. I just think i might have to get a blogger now. Cute pics! Can't wait to see you in just a day!! Safe traveling lady!
You've changed my life-literally. Thanks for sharing your points pointers with me and Kathryn!
Post a Comment