the latest thing that has been on my mind is how to get my nine month mobile baby to stop putting everything in her mouth. I know most people are going to say....that's just what they do, and I understand that but it causes me a lot of anxiety for this reason. two nights ago I was unloading the dishwasher about ten feet from where sadie was playing with her toys. I hear a gasp for air and i came to her and she couldn't breathe..in panic mode i went into action and tried my hardest to get whatever she had put in her mouth out. I did everything you are taught in the baby books and started to panic big time when she didn't start breathing. finally after a minute which seemed like an eternity she was back to her normal self. As horrible as this situation was the most frustrating thing is I couldn't find the cause. Chase talked to the doctor and they said just to watch her closely in case anything would try to come up and to watch what comes out as gross as that sounds to investigate what could have been the culprit.
so our latest finding is that she was trying to swallow fibers from the rug. So even though I would never do this to any child ever I thought of the scene from beautician and the beast when fran dreschar puts one of these on the girl to get to her stop over eating.
as far as we are concerned...I'll just have to watch my little one closer....
6 comments:
I'm sorry about the panic moment/minute/lifetime. That's terrible. I'm glad Sadie was back to normal!!! I love the pic (and the Beautician & the Beast reference.)
Sadie loves chocolate chip cookies apparently.....and trying to feed herself.
You did great Mir, when Sadie was choking. Kind of scary for a moment, but it all turned out just fine. Good thing you were quick to respond!
I didn't know Chase had his own username, so I checked out his other blog- VERY INTERESTING!!!
By interesting, I'm sure you mean insightful. So much to learn about hot tubs, eh? You guys coming out in April with Russ and Cindy? There's always room.
Sadie is just so curious and explorative. Good qualities! Ha ha, love the idea with the dog cone thing.
oh gosh your crazy. Fran oh FRAN!! :)
Post a Comment