We have been so lucky these past few weeks with tons of family in town and lots of fun. Chase's mom and sister came in a week and a half ago let the girls and Chase tag along with them to Canada....which left me to four days alone watching lots of seasons of Friends & General Conference. I wanted to go, but I had a shower I was throwing for Chase's cousin on Saturday night, so it worked out to have the little break, and the shower, etc.
I love my kids and husband but lets just say it was awesome. I woke up drooling everyday from the amazing sleep I was getting. I kept busy by re-doing our kitchen cabinets! Talk about fun project that is so much easier to do with out 2 little ones helping out :) So after four amazing days (one at the spa thanks to chase) I was glad to have my family back. They had a great time visiting my mother in laws family over the border and had a blast on the farm with all the animals. They fed a horse named bandit and since coming home every morning sadie looks for carrots and tells me she has to pack them in her purse for bandit. It's pretty cute.
Chase did a great job managing the two little ones....so it may be a good idea for a daddy/ daughter trip every so often.
My parents got to come into town just a couple days ago for easter and to see Manda's new baby. It's been lots of fun getting to spend time with them. My dad will go back home while my mom is out here splitting her time being a live in helper for Manda and a wedding planner for Marcia for the next little while. Also talk about another break. My parents took my kids out today so I could get a nap. Nothing replaces the look on my dad's face and he brought the girls in after being out. It's validating knowing I'm not the only one that thinks my kids can be a bit of a handful at times :) But none the less - I am super lucky for all the help. Seriously I sound like a diva mom in this post.
Some of you may know that my in laws live within minutes of my sister and her family in DC. So while my mother in law was out here, my father in law got to spend some dinners out there with melissa's family. So it's fun to have all our families connected. My mom was out in DC just a week ago to help her so she's loving this grandma thing.
So today we got to spend time with my parents, chase's mom & my father in laws parents from Star Valley. So lets just say it was a big day getting love from 3 grandmas & two grandpas!
Hope you all had a great easter!
2 comments:
You got 4 whole days without kids?! I would love just 1! haha! Your house looks great! Love the cabinets!
I love the easter dresses. And you are not the only one, I just want to stay in all day every day because there is ALWAYS some sort of drama when I take the girls out. You are so good, I'm glad you got a break, I want to send Juan somewhere now!
Post a Comment